May 20th, 2020
I’m pleased to gradually re-open my office, beginning immediately. Videoconferencing sessions will still be available.
For clients who choose to meet in-person, there will be a few differences. These comply with the new WorkSafe regulations for in-person counselling.
- If the weather is suitable, we’l meet outside in my private outdoor-patio office. The space is spacious, private, and full of birdsong. It’s a good idea to bring a jacket and/or blanket, as it can be cool sitting in the shade.
- At your appointment time, knock on the front door as usual. I’ll accompany you to the back patio. No handshakes or hugs, but warm hellos. Dogs aren’t allowed, so they won’t join us.
- You’ll be asked to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer when you arrive.
- Bring your own cup or mug… I’ll have the kettle on and the usual choices of tea.
- We’ll be maintaining six-foot physical distances.
- Between clients, I’ll be sanitizing all surfaces.
- If the weather is inclement, we’ll decide together in advance whether to meet inside my office, reschedule, or shift to videoconference. My indoor office will be treated the same way as the patio office.
- If you have a cough, fever, or other symptoms of COVID-19 — or if someone in your circle does — please stay home and either reschedule or shift to videoconference. I won’t charge cancellation fees for this.
- I keep a minimum of a half-hour between appointments, to allow time for sanitizing, and also so you don’t have to worry about bumping into another client when you come.
As we shift to working in-person again, our cooperation with the safety measures set out by WorkSafe and the BC Health Department, and supported by the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors, is important. This is a collaborative effort. We keep each other safe.
For people who wish to have counselling by videoconference, I’ll continue to have that option available. Using the OnCall Health platform, a Canadian company that is committed to complete privacy between healthcare providers and their clients, I can assure the same confidentiality as face-to-face sessions. Many people are a bit unsure about the technology at the beginning. Therefore, the first 15 minutes of your first videoconference session is free, as we get comfortable with this new way of working together.
To book, call or email: